Recipe of the day! Delicious Dairy free option to yogurt~Peach Vanilla Faux-gurt
Hi friend! I present to you, Peach Vanilla Faux-gurt! this is a great dairy free option to yogurt. With fresh peaches, it is so delicious that you can eat it as a desert without the weird, or unpronounceable ingredients lurking.
* I always try to use the least amount of *sweet* as possible in my recipes because we need to be careful with how much or the kinds of sugars we consume. So I made this recipe as simple ingredients as possible. If you want more sweetener in here, I will leave that up to you. You can also change it up and use what you have to make this recipe.
Recipe of the day!
Peach Vanilla Faux-gurt is a dairy free option to yogurt. With fresh summer peaches, it is so delicious that you can eat it as a dessert!
- 1 14-oz. can AROY-D coconut milk
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T. arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/3 C. fresh peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t. alcohol free vanilla
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constantly, reduce coconut milk to about 2/3 of its volume. Take it off the heat.
- In a small, lidded container, place lemon juice and arrowroot starch. Shake vigorously. Whisk this mixture into the coconut milk. It will thicken immediately.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, then transfer all to a glass pint jar. Put the lid on, then refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Voilà! Faux-gurt!
I’ve kept the amount of *sweet* to a minimum for healing purposes. If you want more sweetener, I’ll leave that up to you…
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
I would love to hear from you! Be sure to let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments section below! You can also check out many other favorite recipes on my blog.
Let’s connect! Sign up to my free newsletter to be the first to know what is cooking in our kitchen and yummy recipes of the season and more!