Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe
Learn how to make this frugal homemade laundry soap with all natural ingredients for a lower cost than most we buy out in the stores. This DIY Laundry Detergent is an effective way to clean clothes and fight stains while adding a natural fresh scent.
I want to share this frugal recipe with everyone because It is so easy to make this homemade laundry detergent. I don’t know why i didn’t start doing it sooner.
This homemade laundry detergent recipe makes enough 16 large loads or 48 small loads of laundry.
SUPPLIES FOR DIY HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT
• ½ Cups Washing Soda or Pure Baking Soda
• 1 Cup Bar Soap
• 30 Drops Essential Oil
• Boxed Grater
1. Using a cheese grater, grate a bar of soap until you’ve reached about 1 cup. Most bar soaps will work however, go for Ivory soap, castile soap, or something similar for the best results.
2. I like to add my essential oils to the grated soap, so I do about 15 of the 30 drops over the grated soap. You can use any essential oil you prefer. I used lavender and lemongrass as I love their clean smell.
3. Mix in a bowl your Borax, washing soda or pure baking soda.
4. Combine all ingredients, including the soap shavings and the remaining 15 drops of your essential oil in a sealable jar or container and mix well.
1 tablespoon per small load, 2 tablespoons per medium load, and 3 tablespoons per large load.
For HE machines (High Efficiency Washing Machines: use 1 tablespoon.
This makes 16 large loads or 48 small loads of laundry detergent.
I hope you give this a try! It’s simple and a frugal way to laundry detergent using what we have, I am still finding natural alternatives and trying out new things, you can switch it up to best fit what you have, if you don’t have all the ingredients it’s ok! Use what you have on hand.
If you tried this recipe let me know! Thanks for reading feel free to share with someone who might want to try this out! 🙂