These healthy apple chips are an easy and delicious fun snack for everyone. Try making them with a small heart or shaped cookie cutter and cinnamon, they’re perfect for healthy snacks for the kids on any day. The secret is baking the apples at a low temperature which dehydrates the apples.
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sugar -optional
- small cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Thinly slice apples (about 1/8 inch thick).
3. Cut out apple core from with slice using a mini heart or shaped cookie cutter. Arrange apple slices in a thin layer on baking sheet. Make sure there is room between each slice.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle lightly over apple slices. (Optional)
5. Bake until apples are dried and edges are slightly curled, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Flip once halfway through baking time. (Bake apple more for crisp chips and less for chewy chips.)
6. Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Use within one week.
Save this recipe for the next time you have a bag of apples! Share with anyone who might want to give this recipe a try as well! 🍎😊